Monday, June 1, 2009

Today

I woke up this morning with the remnants of a headache that started last night (one to many delicious strawberry daiquiris that my husband shoved down my throat yesterday)
I was not in the mood to do anything today, but I got myself together and went out to run some errands.

I picked up my husbands dry cleaning and headed to Rite Aid for some mouthwash, neosporin, and a box of medium ash brown hair dye, oh and a pack of cigarettes (I'm bad I know).
Now that I'm writing this I realize that was a strange group of items that I purchased. Anyway, not the point.
I was rung up and the total came to $26 even--don't you love when that happens--that almost never happens

Cashier: "wow $26 dollars even! How did you manage that?"
Me: "I'm not sure" as I slide my card to pay
Cashier: "oh no I put it through as cash, I have to ring up the purchase again"
Me: " that's OK maybe I have the cash"
I pull out my wallet, open it up, and low and behold I had exactly $26 dollars in there. No more, no less.
Me: " Maybe I should play those numbers" lol

I suppose I don't really have a point to this story, I just thought it was amusing. Did I mention 26 is also my husbands birthday.

I fertilized the lawn today (after a few quick lessons from my father in law) -step 2 in this all important lawn process for summer (yawn).
I hate yard work and yet my husband refuses to get a landscaper. Thankfully he loves it and does most of it!

My horoscope for today:

Do not expect the people who have been cushioning you to be around today. You are on your own today so start thinking of ways to counter the many self doubts that you have been harboring for quite some time. This is a good time to know just how much you can be able to accomplish on your own without people to help you.

hmmm? maybe without the help of, oh I don't know, let's say DOCTORS.


Enter Mrs. Smiley!!!!!
for those of you who have no idea what you are looking at, this my friends, is an ovulation predictor test, and that smiley means I am about to ovulate.
Why am I so excited you ask?
Well, for starters I wasn't sure if I even would ovulate this month considering all that my body just went through. But like a dear friend who always knows when you need them, here she was, right on time, smiling back at me. I really needed to see that smile today.




And last,but most certainly NOT least we got an update on our wedding video today.
As I am sure you all know we are am DYING to see it...looks like we'll have to wait a few more weeks.
Here's what Adam said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to keep you updated with the progress of your film.The estimated delivery time was about now, but we are about 4-6 weeks behind schedule. I do apologize for this. Between some computer glitches and family stuff it really slowed me down. Please bear with me I promise you will love your film though. Hope you understand, again im sorry for the delay.--

Regards,
Adam Forgione
Pennylane Productions

http://www.pennylaneprod.com/
International Award Winning Wedding Films
631.486.2881

So 4-6 more weeks, I can deal with that I guess.

Today was one of those GOOD days.

No comments:

Post a Comment