Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lovenox, Glucose and Antibiotics Oh My

These past couple of weeks have been pretty overwhelming, I don't even know where to begin.
I'll start by saying that I failed my one hour glucose screening by 30 points.. I'm guessing this is not good.
For those of you who don't know, the glucose screening is to check for gestational diabetes.
Anyway, yeah I failed, so I was required to take the 3 hour test. Let me just say these tests are by no means pleasant. They consist of drinking an overly sweetened, disgusting drink and then having blood drawn after an hour... or in my most recent case, every hour for 3 hours.
Haven't heard from the Dr. yet, all I can do is pray that I passed this one.

The second thing I must complain about, and believe me I hate complaining, or better yet I feel like I have no right to complain considering that this was all I wanted and prayed for the past two years so I really should just shut up and suck it up. I just won't call it complaining I guess, but a better word escapes me at the moment.
All things considered, I really have been lucky to have such a wonderful pregnancy thus far. No morning sickness, baby seems to be doing great, I haven't been too uncomfortable. The one thing, the only thing I absolutely hate are all these goddamn shots. There I said it, I'm so freakin tired of being poked evey single day. Sometimes multiple times a day. I am a walking pin cushion.
 Besides the Lovenox, last week I had to go to the Dr. everyday to get an antibiotic shot in my ass. I am just now able to sit comfortably.
 Let's talk about all the bloodwork I have done, like getting poked 4 times in 3 hours, twice in each arm. I just want the poking to stop.
 What if  I have GD? Will I have to take my blood sugar levels 3 times a day... more poking ugh!!

I move onto a happier note...

I have never considered myself to be crafty, creative yes, I can merchandise a store with no problem. When it comes to crafts I am a lost soul. So, when my lasted vision came out so great I was truly impressed with my hubby and myself... it's all about teamwork.

There is an extremely ugly electrical panel box in the middle of Giuliana's room. Only God knows why the previous owners decided to put it right there. Anyway, it's ugly and I hated it, just look



Seriously, why??

I had to be creative and come up with some way to cover it. No problem, creative, me, ok figured it out in no time. Only problem was my idea meant I had to be crafty, uh oh.
I am sure it could have been executed better, but I am so thrilled with the final product.
What do you think??
Giuliana's own fabric board...


cute right?


just look at that detail lol


No comments:

Post a Comment