We made it to the office by 10:00am and waited patiently for about 45 minutes.
An hour would pass from the time they called my name to the time I woke up from the anesthesia.
About 5 minutes after they put in the IV they called Frankie to do his "thing" -a quick kiss and he was gone.
I was brought into the operating room, they asked where in Italy I came from, I mentioned I was from Salerno and they told me to think about being there--I never got a chance to get there in my mind cause I pretty much just fell asleep right away.
I woke up and said something about watching Grey's Anatomy--lol--I have no idea where that came from, but I could have sworn I was watching it. It was a very nice nap! Apparently I told Frankie that I wish I had that anesthesia every night to fall asleep.
I was up for about 5 minutes when the nurse came in with the news.......................................
13 eggs were retrieved--a baker's dozen. I was not exactly thrilled with that number-I was hoping for just a few more, but trying to put a positive spin on this 13 is a very lucky number for Italians--and I'm gonna stick with that.
I'm home now and feeling OK, just extremely anxious to hear the news tomorrow about how many actually fertilized.
Frankie got me IHOP to eat mmmmmm pancakes- my favorite--so I'm pretty happy right now:) I am just resting and trying to make this day go fast.
I will update tomorrow with the fertilization report--wish us luck, and as always please keep us in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment