Monday, May 4, 2009

Could it be?

I don't even know where to begin right now. It has been the craziest 24 hours of my life!

Yesterday when I got home I received a phone call from Dr. B telling me that only 6 of the 13 eggs were mature and we still needed to see how many would fertilize. Well, needless to say, at that very moment I lost all hope of even getting 1 to transfer, only because I knew we would lose some with the PGD testing. I was having a very difficult time wrapping my head around this, just feeling like I did all that for nothing
He told me he would call me between 9 and 10 with fertilization report.
I woke up at 4 am this morning--anxious much?

So my sister came to sit with me while I waited, and as 9 and 10 o'clock came and went with no phone call I didn't think I was going to make it through the day--my stress levels were ridiculous!

The call came at 12. How dare he make me wait that long. So here is the update........................


5 of the 6 fertilized, and he said two look really good. He the suggested that we skip the PGD testing and just transfer those two on Wed. He said with the underlying egg quality issues it would be better for me to
1. do a 3 day transfer as opposed to waiting 5 days
2. we wouldn't risk losing those two(due to the testing), although the possibility of it not working or me miscarrying is still there-it's a chance we would be taking

The way I see it right now is that I'm just thankful to have the chance at those two, and all I can do is have faith and leave it God's hands, and maybe he'll give me a miracle, maybe he won't--but I don't think I would be able to handle not trying at all.

So if ever we needed prayers it's right now.. Thank you for you love and support

No comments:

Post a Comment