Friday, May 15, 2009

Looks like this journey has ended

I will not know for sure until tomorrow, but I know. Sometimes you just know.

My first beta (blood test) came back at a 2. I am not hopeful that it will go up. That is very low.
I had asked Dr. B to e-mail me the results-this was his response:

It came back at 2. this is low but not negative. I had a patient with a 4 this cycle whose second beta went to 24. I know this is not the norm but we have to follow up. I'm only emailing this because you requested me to , you know I'm available to talk at any time. We have only just begun and we learn from every cycle. Don’t despair, I never give up.

"We have only just begun"--I have to laugh at that--I was so naive to think this would work on the first try. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm broken. It's over.

Do we try again?

No comments:

Post a Comment