Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do You Believe in Signs From God?

So here I am 5dp3dt (5days post a 3 day transfer) and as usual I had pretty much 0 hope that this IVF worked. There goes my defense mechanism again-that darn thing is always getting in the way of my happiness. But, somehow it beats being disappointed in the end.

I received a phone call from my MIL today, and even if it was just for a brief moment, she gave me a little bit of hope back. This is how the story goes...

She explained to me that a few years ago she was in Italy and had purchased 4 guardian angel pins which she then had blessed. These pins were to be given to each of her children when they had their own children. Needless to say, she brought them home,  stored them,  and never found them again. Sad.
A little angel with wings and her hand resting under her chin.

Well, yesterday while cleaning off the dining table in Vermont she heard something fall to the floor.
When she finally found the mysterious object it just so happened to be a guardian angel pendant, eerily similar to the ones she had lost so many years ago. She asked everyone in the house if it belonged to them and nobody knew where it came from. Not even the priest who lives next door. Father said that sometimes you just shouldn't ask questions... this is a sign from God and just give it to Lori.
So where did this this angel come from? Is is a sign? I guess we shall see in a couple more days.

But I just wanted to say thank you to my MIL for giving me the opportunity to get some faith in God and miracles back into my life today because I so desperately needed it. Thank you for bringing me some peace.
I really just love this story, because in a world full of facts and statistics, this just might prove that miracles can and do happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment