Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Just Don't Get It


How is it that my Dr. calls me with a second beta of 9.7
and then I get a positive on these digitals?
Both were taken last night after my blood draw.
(And for all of you who are going to yell at me for taking more tests-my Dr. actually recommended that I do)
and by the way - I took the YES+ test the day before (Tuesday) and it came up -NO the first time- so that has to mean something right?


Clearblue easy is not supposed to detect anything less than 50--I'll even give it 25 sometimes.
They would never pick up a beta of 9.7.

Clearblue Easy Digital (U.S.) 50 mIU (taken off a website)

So why? Are my #'s finally rising properly?
Is the lab wrong?
I go back tomorrow for more blood work
and I will hopefully have a clearer answer then.
I just hope it's not ectopic cause that would really suck.

Of course Dr. B is trying to reassure me that everything can still be ok - that he has delivered dozens of babies that started off like this. He says it could still be early and once the embryo produces more cells the beta will just take off. I hope he's right.
I just wish it was tomorrow already. torture..pure torture

No comments:

Post a Comment