Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let the games begin...

The time has come to start the journey. I can't believe it's here already.
Right now I'm having issues getting my medications, I need authorization from my Dr. for insurance.
I hope this gets resolved quickly because I'm supposed to start on Thursday morning(as in two days from now.) Before I begin -if I could get some prayers from all of you that this all goes smoothly it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

OK so here is my schedule....

4/9-4/13:
  • 81 mg of aspirin--daily--this never changes
  • Prenatal Vitamins and Metanx- daily -this never changes
  • birth control pill--last one taken on 4/13
  • Lupron -10 units(injection AM)
  • prednisone 10 mg (twice daily)--this never changes till about 8- 10 weeks into the pregnancy if we get pregnant
4/14-4/16:
  • Lupron 5 units (injection)
  • prednisone
4/17-4/20:
  • 4/17 first sonogram
  • Ganirelix 25 units (injection AM)
  • prednisone
4/21-4/22:
  • Follistim 375 units (injection PM)(follicle stimulating hormone)
  • Ganirelix 25 units (injection AM)
  • Lovenox 40 mg daily (injection) (blood thinner)
  • prednisone
4/23-4/27:
  • Follistim 225 units (injection)
  • Ganirelix (injection)
  • Lovenox (injection)
  • Luveris 0.5 vial in PM (injection)
  • prednisone
  • 4/24 second sonogram
4/28:
  • Cipro 500 mg twice daily
  • Ganirelix
  • prednisone
  • 3rd sonogram and I will also get further instructions
4/29:
intalipid infusion- done at my home through an IV - takes about 2 and half hours- so if anyone wants to come sit with me to keep me occupied that would be great!!!
4/30 or 5/1:
Possible HCG trigger shot given before the retrieval
Tentative egg retrieval is scheduled for May 2 or 3 --but that could change depending on my response to the medication


This is all before the retrieval, after the retrieval I will be on progesterone, more Lovenox , more prednisone, antibiotics, and I'm not sure what else, the nurse didn't want to overwhelm me with all that information just yet.
So 20 days of this doesn't seem so bad-I pray it goes quickly and that the outcome is a positive one
OH BOY ..OR GIRL..OR MAYBE BOTH....Please wish us luck and keep us in your prayers. And please check in on me every once in awhile--make sure I'm doing ok, we really could use all the support we can get right now.
Now let's hope that April showers bring May flowers:)

3 comments:

  1. I know it seems overwhelming, but just take it one day at a time! Remember we spoke about making a calendar? I can still do that for you if you want! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori yes all of this is extremely overwhelming, but it is going to be for a great cause. At the end it will be wonderful, a nice present or two or three.OMG could you imagine. I know it's hard to stick your-self at first but after a while you'll be doing it without even looking-remember I use to have to stick myself also when I was pregnant with Brandon. Just remember were ever you stick yourself grag a little bit of skin it hurts less. If you need call. I love ya Marlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Love ya to Frankie <3 <3

    ReplyDelete